Monitoring a MATE3 with WattPlot PRO
We are working on a completely new WattPlot Monitor program (version 5)
that will be entirely compatible with the MATE, MATE2, and MATE3 devices from Outback.
In the mean time, you can monitor a MATE3 device with the original WattPlot Monitor program by
following these steps:
Note that for a limited time a WattPlot™ PRO licence includes a FREE WattPlot™
NetMATE activation! (on request)
- Download and run the installation program for WattPlot NetMATE.
- When you are prompted to enter a system name, put in a descriptive name for your OutBack system,
such as "Anderson Home". (see NetMATE User's Guide, page 8)
- Once your NetMATE trial is activated, define the MATE Data Source for your MATE3, using either the UDP/IP
or serial/USB connection types, depending on the hardware installed in your MATE3.
(see NetMATE User's Guide, page 13)
- Setup your MATE3 for data transmission. (see NetMATE User's Guide,
- When you have confirmed that NetMATE is Active and monitoring your MATE3 data stream, go back to the
MATE Data Source Dialog Box and set up the TCP Server function. Remember to check the "Original
MATE Data Format" box! (see
NetMATE User's Guide, page 26)
- Now go to the NetMATE Systems menu, and Add a new system definition. We suggest naming it
something like "Anderson Home MATE3", but changing its Data Folder to be the same as for the original
system that you defined (e.g. "c:\ProgramData\WattPlot\Anderson Home").
(see NetMATE User's
Guide, page 17)
- Do not define a MATE Data Source for the new system definition - it will be used by WattPlot
PRO. Instead, switch NetMATE back to the original system (e.g. "Anderson Home") by
selecting it from the Systems menu.
- Exit WattPlot NetMATE.
- Modify your WattPlot NetMATE shortcut so that it always starts with the first system that
you defined (e.g. "Anderson Home") without prompting. (see
NetMATE User's Guide, page 17)
- Download and run the installation program for WattPlot PRO (version 4.7.2
- When you are prompted to enter your MATE serial number, insert an "A" as the second character of your
MATE3 serial number (e.g. M301234 would be entered as "MA301234").
- Email us the PC ID to receive your trial activation code.
- Once your WattPlot Monitor trial is activated, the program should present you with a selection of the
two systems defined in NetMATE. Select the second system that you defined (e.g.
"Anderson Home MATE3").
- You can modify your WattPlot Monitor shortcut in the same way as you did for NetMATE in step 9 above,
so that it always starts with the second system that you defined (e.g. "Anderson Home MATE3")
without prompting. (see NetMATE User's Guide, page 17)
- Start WattPlot NetMATE to start the TCP/IP Server, then leave it running and come back to the
WattPlot Monitor program.
- From the Options menu of the WattPlot Monitor program, define the MATE Data Source for as being
a TCP/IP connection, and point it to the TCP/IP Server of NetMATE. (see NetMATE
User's Guide, page 27)
- If all has been setup properly, you should be seeing your MATE3 data coming into the WattPlot Monitor
- If desired, order your permanent WattPlot PRO license. We will also send
you a permanent WattPlot NetMATE activation at no extra charge.
For More Information
If you would like more information, please contact us.